Thursday, March 15

Look! Actual knitting content!

The last issue of Simply Knitting had a booklet for a few household items one of which was Entrelac cushion covers. Entrelac is a technique Ive always admired and it stirred up my curiosity. I basically just wanted to have a go and see how difficult it was but I'm finding it strangely addictive! Its so easy to pick up and do a few blocks then put down again. Plus I'm using Noro silk garden so I find the colour progression fun too. Anyway here is a quick peek at the progress so far, sorry about the cats feet she wouldn't leave me alone to take a photo. This is the only one that didn't go blurry when she head-butted my camera.
Progress on the Juno cardigan is steady but I must admit to neglecting it a bit of late. I can however reveal something I had been knitting secretly since it has been delivered to its new owner now. It was this cute little tank top from Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino 2.

I forgot to take a finished photo before wrapping it for Jen's baby shower but you can see it in this photo that Jen took (middle right). I love knitting for babies, everything is so adorable and you get that quick sense of satisfaction for completing something.

Finally I leave you with a gratuitous stash photo, two skeins of Socks that Rock sock yarn! Nodding violet colourway on the left and Covelite on the right. Everyone has been raving about this stuff so I figured it would be a wise investment to make me feel the love of sock knitting.


One last thing... Can everyone out there send me some good luck vibes please! I have applied for a job, it's something I really want so any extra good luck you can send my way is appreciated.
Applying for jobs and getting knock backs was a main factor in my recent 'blue phase' so the fact that I have applied for something again feels quite significant. I refuse to talk to much about this job though because I am trying not to get my hopes up. Cross your fingers for me.

5 comments:

Nicola said...

The idea of entrelac has always rather frightened me, maybe I'm coming round to the idea now that it isn't so bad after all... Many, many good wishes for the job application :)

pinkphish said...

Oooo yummy STR- did you get the medium or light weight?
Entrelac scares me a little- have you seen the socks in the new Interweave?

Good Luck- I have everything crossed for you.

The Knit Nurse said...

Everything is crossed. THe entrelac looks cool. x

Ganainm said...

Fingers and toes crossed. Nice yarn!

Daisy said...

Good luck with the job!
I saw on someone else's blog that there was a problem with the entrelac pattern towards the end! They don't seem to have posted an amendment on the Simply Knitting blog yet though!