Thursday, March 22

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionaire

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire
Ive linked this questionaire in my sidebar under the KTE button so my pal can find it again.

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
Anything with natural fibres! I'm a big fan of Alpaca.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
Those crazy acrylic fun fur and eyelash yarns that are out there and anything that has such a high level of acrylic that it squeaks. yuk!

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Look for anything new that I might not have seen before then I go around touching everything soft and woolly.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I'm fairly new to the world of spinning, I have an Ashford traditional wheel which I love to play with. I would love to dye my own yarn, that's something I have never tried before. I would also like to learn crochet.

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
I subscribe to 'Simply Knitting'. I often buy the Rowan magazines when they are released too depending upon whether I like the content.

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
Knitting/other craft/home/celebrity gossip/food/crochet/garden/ fashion

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
I really enjoy knitting for babies but I don't get the opportunity very often at the moment.
I enjoy knitting things which involve me learning a new technique.

8. Are you allergic to anything?
Not that I know of.

9. What do you like to* smell of?
(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
I'm a huge fan of Lavender because of it's soothing aromatherapy qualities but I also like sweet scents like vanilla.

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
A nice hot bath with a relaxing blend of essential oils in and candles around the edge.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
Probably the Victorian style sweetshop.. i think I'd be lying if I said I'd go elsewhere.

12. What do you come out with?
A bag of shandy pint pot jelly sweets.. I used to love these as a kid but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.

13. Where do you go next?
The Italian cafe, I spent a month in a rural part of Italy on an archaeological dig while I was a student since then I've been hooked on espresso.

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I think the only thing missing is my favorite choice in colours; I'm a big fan of rich berry colours, blues, purples, reds and I like sea greens. I don't like pastel shades, I like my yarn to be rich and vibrant (although obviously pastel shades are useful for knitting for little ones - just not on me)

No comments: