Friday, October 6

SP9 Questionaire

Well ive been emailed my match so I thought I had better get this up for the person spoiling me!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Favourite: Natural fibers, I love Alpaca. I like knitting with anything soft, im definately a bit of a yarn snob. Not like: Acrylic!! I also hate eyelash yarns and fake furs, bleh!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I recently bought a lovely needle roll at woolfest which is where I keep all my straights my DPN's and circs sadly arent so lucky and live in the original packets wherever I shove them.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Ive been knitting for I think about 3 years and i'd consider myself an Intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
HERE!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Im easily pleased in this area I like most things. Im a fan of aromatherapy and I love anything with lavender in.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Definately.. who doesn't?? If my pal is living in another country i'd love to try out something sweet I can't get in England.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Ive recently started spinning, I love it and find it very relaxing.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes I can play MP3's and Im generally open to all forms or music but I like rock, punk, sca and folk mainly.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I generally go for deep sea greens and blues when im choosing yarn but I have been trying to move into different colour schemes lately. I love purples, oranges and reds, anything that is rich. Im definately not a huge fan of pastel shades unless im knitting for a baby.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I currently live in a flat that is far too small with my boyfriend Chris and our 2 cats Molly and Scooter.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes to all but the poncho. You can never have enough scarves and mitts!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
hmmm.. it really depends on my mood. I have enjoyed dabling in lace but there are times when it can make your head hurt and a simple sock is much more enjoyable.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have a few things on the needles, some fairisle mittens, the print o the wave stole and some socks for chris. There are a few more hidden in the depths of my stash that havent been worked on for over a year but they dont count.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes definately!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like circular just as much as I like straight although I don't own as many circulars. Definately prefer bamboo or any other wooden needle over metal or plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own a swift but not a ball winder, the swift used to be my grans and is very old but it does the job. Eventually i'll splash out and buy myself a ball winder.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably 2 years, a jumper I started for Chris that ended up being way too wide and has sat in a bag ever since.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Christmas, I hope thats the sort of holiday it means.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Just yarn really and anything to do with yarn!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
The only magazine subscription I have is to Simply Knitting but I also buy the Rowan magazine whenever it comes out. I would love to see more of Interweave or Rebecca magazines.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would quite like to learn crochet, something ive been meaning to do for a while.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have only knit one pair of socks so far and im about two thirds through my second pair. Im definately not very speedy when it comes to socks! I have size 8 (uk) feet so I wouldnt want to inflict the chore of knitting me some socks on anyone!

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
6th of July

Phew that was a chore! If there is anything I didnt answer fully enough for you SP send me an email with any questions :)
Im also going to link this in the sidebar for easy access.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...now that information will come in VERY handy. :o)

Your secret pal