Tuesday, July 4

Woolfest 2006

Back to blogging once more because I had such a fantastic weekend in Cockermouth with fellow knitbloggers! We decided to drive over on the Thursday to make full use of the weekend and so that we could be beating down the doors to get into woolfest the next morning.


Alice (Flossie Knits) and Helen (Purlpower)


It was the most amazing experience and we all admitted to feeling very overwhelmed when we first walked in. Here are a few photos of the interior which might help you understand why!






Look at all the colours!!


And finally, THE HAUL!




This pile is everyones purchases from the weekend (minus the pile of fleece bought by spinning fishwife). I guess I had better start saving up for next year!! I will take some close up pictures of the bits that are mine and blog them later.

6 comments:

gourdongirl said...

It WAS an amazing weekend. Great to have met you too. Like you, I am already looking forward to next year. Will have to knit myself a money sock to save up with!!!!!

blueadt said...

I wish I'd known you'd be there. I bumped into gourdongirl & SpinningFishwife as I'd already met them at Skip North.

Hmmm..

glittrgirl said...

Great pics! I had a blast!

Ganainm said...

Wow! That's quite a haul. Hopefully I'll be able to go next year as it looks like you all had a blast.

Rain said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

Be still my beating heart. I am insanely jealous of everyone who went to Woolfest.

It looks like you had a fantastic time and got some great purchases.

Pebbles said...

Wow!
What else can I say!
Wow!
Leaves to weep in a corner............
:-)