Thursday, February 16

Too much knitting - Not enough blogging!

I must say, ive become so drawn in by this whole sock knitting thing that ive just been too busy knitting to show you my Olympic progress! Well here they are so far, my first ever proper sock!

The sock yarn im using is from Curious Yarns in the colourway, Faded. The pattern was the one I received in the sock kit from them.
They are on the large side, which ordinarily would be great as I have big feet however I had intended to gift these to my dear sister so it looks like she's getting a new pair of slipper socks instead!
Heel turning wasn't as scary as everyone seems to make out but it certainly did require a lot of concentration since it was my first attempt at short row shaping. I really like the way the heel turned out though.
At this rate it looks like im going to finish my challenge way ahead of time.. perhaps more socks are in order! I certainly have more sock yarn hidden in my stash!

In other news, I have been accepted onto the Masters course I wanted to do! On the condition that my reference is ok and I give evidence of my first degree. So im over the moon, at last my life seems to have some sense of direction!

11 comments:

Ganainm said...

They're looking really good and I like the way you've done the heel. It also makes me hope that the Curios Yarn order turns up soon - though I'll have to finish my current socks first... and then the Jaywalkers, not to mention the twisted rib socks I also need to finish...

Helen said...

Congratulations on getting into your Masters. These socks look lovely and cosy.

Daisy said...

Wow - lovely socks! Congrats on getting onto the Masters!

jess said...

congrats on getting on the MA programme!

That is a lovely sock.

Elizabeth said...

That yarn is amazing! I went directly to the Curious Yarn website to order and was bummed out to see they're not in my country. Ah, well. Your sock lovely and you are doing a fantastic job. :)

Rain said...

I'm sure your sister will love the socks no matter how big they are. The yarn is gorgeous.

Congratulations on getting your masters place.

glittrgirl said...

Lovely socks, great photo and fantastic news!

roseygirl said...

Man if I could just get the hang of knitrting socks! I have tried a few times now and I just can not do it! Your socks by the way look great!

Flossie said...

That's fantastic news about the Masters course. Well done you!

And the socks are beautiful. I'm knitting baby socks at the moment. I should finish the first one this afternoon so check the blog this evening!

Alice x

Flossie said...

That's fantastic news about the Masters course. Well done you!

And the socks are beautiful. I'm knitting baby socks at the moment. I should finish the first one this afternoon so check the blog this evening!

Alice x

roseygirl said...

I have signed up for a knitting class to make SOCKS! I want to make some as I love yours, I'll let you know how it goes. I have added your blog to my list of fave blogs that way I can keep coming back here without searching all the time. :)