Friday, February 3

On your marks..

Yay my order from Curious Yarns arrived! I must say, they aren't too great at email communication but boy do they package nice yarn! I ordered their sock kit with an extra skein of sock yarn and here is how it looked when it arrived, all lovingly wrapped up in tissue paper with a few free sweets thrown in!

Here it is after tearing through the tisue! I am really pleased with the sock kit and the colours of the yarn I chose. I really love the hand written labels on the yarn they have every bit of information on you would ever need! The skein to the left is in two seperate bits so that you can do the cuff, heel and toe in lilac and the main body of the sock in the other colours. I must say, it is taking alot of self control not to cast my socks on right now! Must... wait... for... olympics!



And finally a close up of the very sweet little stitch markers that are included for the kit, the rings are just the right size for the skinny DPN's.


Also, ive joined Team DPN for the knitting Olympics. If there is anyone else out there knitting socks, come join in the fun!

7 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

GORGEOUS!

I want one and I want one right now!

PURLPOWER said...

You're not going to believe this: I just sent my SP the same MEME that I tagged you with the other week (about what films you'd watch again and agin etc) and she said 'Labyrinth' !!!! how spooky is that?!?!

Say said...

Wow! Those colourways are exquisiste!

Ganainm said...

Must... resist... the urge... to order... more... yarn...

It's no good, I was looking at the website yesterday and thinking, just one more order can't hurt. I've got my eye on the sock kit with Deep and an extra skein of Heathertop. Plus after looking at your finished sock and seeing how well it knits up, it's only a matter of time before I cave.

Ganainm said...

How quickly I cave :) Yes, you can order three extra skeins at the reduced price. What was the colour you needed? Leave a reply on my blog and I'll send the order off.

Ganainm said...

I ordered you a skein of Heathertop. Now to await the postie...

Impressionist said...

Hi Emily!
Congrats on your acceptance to the MA course!! You'll really enjoy it. I'll be at the Forth next week so we'll talk then. Good luck with your socks... Mine are coming along!
Jen