Friday, January 6

Happy New Year

Apologies to my readers for the huge gap since my last post ive had a pretty miserable Christmas and haven't really felt up to blogging until now. Unfortunately my Grandma passed away on Boxing day and we spent most of that weekend fearing every phone call as we were expecting it. She was an incredible woman and the most amazing knitter I have ever met. She would not allow my Grandad or her children to wear anything but her knitted socks! During the war she worked in the airforce and helped to fix planes. I always remember her telling me about how whenever they fixed a plane they were made to fly in it the first time it went up to ensure they would do a good job! I miss her dearly but she left us relatively peacefully and i'm very thankful for that. Just before Christmas my other Grandma was taken to hospital as she had a stroke, thankfully she is now recovering well.

Anyway, onto the knitting content..
Behold, a finished 'River' rather sexily lounging on this armchair with Ms Molly.

With everything that happened over Christmas i did manage to finish this in time but never actually got round to posting it. Now that the funeral is over with and i feel more back to normal i really will get it posted! The pattern is highly recommended, very easy and relatively quick too.

And here she is, my lovely new toy! My Ashford traditional wheel! Can you believe i still haven't gotten round to giving this a whirl either. She's looking a little dusty here.. oops!
I was a very lucky lady this year and my other half bought me a ton of knitting books i'd been after for a while. I'll give reveiws once ive absorbed them all fully.


Since i spent most of Christmas knitting gifts for people and finishing the bolero my sister started ages ago and lost interest in. I decided to be selfish! And why not, I deserve it! So with the HipKnits silk i purchased a while back ive decided to join the masses and knit myself clapotis! It looks more light bluish in real life.

7 comments:

Daisy said...

I'm sorry to hear about both of your grandmas, it must have made Christmas very hard.
River looks lovely (which shade is it?) and the clapotis too!

Marina said...

Sorry about your Grandma. She sounds like one amazing woman.

Becky said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma - well about both your Gradma's really - hopefully things will slowly start to return to normal.

Clapotis is looking lovely by the way - I wear mine all the time !

Flossie said...

I'm so sorry Christmas was so difficult this year my love. I'm sure your Grandma would be very, very proud of you and your knitting, it's looking fantastic.

Hope to see you on Tuesday.

x

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Sorry to hear about your grandma,glad your feeling a little better.
That wheel looks fab! You will have so much fun. Oh and river, thats amazing! So it was from the 1 skein?
Jeni xx
Fyberspates

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I just realisid it's THAT mohair!!! Wow!!!!
Jeni

PURLPOWER said...

Your wheel looks a beauty - looking forward to learning how to spin alongside you this year!