Sunday, November 13

Thankyou Secret Pal!

Sorry it's taken me a while to post this! Below are all the wonderful goodies i received from my SP. Can you believe she actually made that pin cushion?? Isnt it fantastic! Go visit her blog, she revealed herself to me prematurely and it seems we have been spoiling each other! I still have a few things to get for your next package but hopefully i wont take as long as i did with the first.


She sent me enough Kid Silk Haze to knit myself my first proper lace project, River. Which i will get right onto.. as soon as ive finished the stack of scarves i have on order! My mother has comissioned me to knit her and her friend a scarf exactly like the one i made my sister. Im going to be sooo sick of that pattern! So far im about two foot into the first scarf.
When i ordered her yarn i bought myself a hank too thinking i could actually made myself a scarf. This is the colour i ordered as it is on the colinette website..


And here is the hank i received... Anyone else spot a difference?


Saturday i attended my first ever 'knit n natter' group! It was great, i got lots of scarf done and met some new people. It was nice to finally meet the lovely Purlpower in person and also Glenda, whose blog i shall be reading from now on!
It seemed like such a novelty to sit and knit with people who understand what it is to lust after yarn. Im used to getting funny looks when i knit in public!

7 comments:

Jess said...

I like Colinette, but I have sometimes received a skein that is not quite as multicoloured as the colourway seems to promise.

Say said...

Ooh. I've yet to touch Rowan kidsilk haze although I've been secretly admiring several patterns that call for it.

Daisy said...

Interesting. My SP and me were also matched directly with each other! Wonder how many other people this happened too?!

PURLPOWER said...

pics from saturday on my blog! How weird that you and your SP were matched with each other. Kind of nice though as well because you get to spoil each other.

PURLPOWER said...

And yes, those Colinette colourways are very different!

PURLPOWER said...

Dude, are you coming to the Forth tonight? I will be there from seven pm and will stay for about an hour or so. LOL PPx

Sharon J said...

I'm curious. I'm new to this blogging malarky and was wondering how you found your secret pal. Sounds intriguing! The knit n' natter groups sound like fun, too. As for lusting after yarn... I'm off to France on Saturday and am hoping I'll come across some lovely yarn shops. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)