Wednesday, September 14

SP6 Questionaire

Apologies to my secret pal for not getting this up sooner!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Oh how i wish i could be a yarn snob but sadly i cant afford to splash out on the best yarn all the time! I generally prefer to get a mix rather than 100% acrylic though.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Im trying to get into spinning! im too poor to afford a wheel but im considering investing in a drop spindle. I tried teaching myself to crochet once but got intensly frustrated with it as i was so slow and clumsy, i felt like it would be so much faster to just knit. Perhaps i'll persevere with it.. one day!

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I have sensitive skin so i have had allergic reacions to some skin products in the past. Plus i dont like smoke.

4. How long have you been knitting?
About 1yr and half maybe.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Wish List

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like natural scents and aromatherapy and so i love lavender and rose but also citrus too.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Do knitters love yarn? Hell yeah!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Nothing really

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
i like the kaiser cheifs, scissor sisters, Greenday, Feeder, Franz Ferdinand and the levellers to name a few.. im fairly versatile in my tastes. Yes i can play MP3's!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Generally anything blue except pastels i hate pastel shades. I love vibrant blues greens and purples.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend, i have no kids but two lovely cats (Molly and Scooter)

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
yikes! is it bad that i dont have any? Well i love my archaeology and there are some excavations i'd love to be part of! I guess it would be my dream to be part of a major dig in a nice hot country! But not too hot cos from experience that just kills you when your digging!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I like chunkier yarns, perhaps thats my impatient side showing through!I love colinette point five. Im also starting to appreciate cotton in a completely new way.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Im really not sure about eyelash yarns and funky fur yarns... they scare me.. no-one should wear items made from these!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I dont really have a specific knitting obsession really. Knitting is my obsession!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I dont think i've knitted enough variety of items to decide! I do like small projects like scarves because i like doing them for other people as pressies.

17. What are you knitting right now?
I have just finished my first babies jumper and a little teddy. I also have the cosy shawl from knitty and some opal socks on-going.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
i do have one which my mum gave me, it is a hand knit one which was bought in the 70's though i rarely wear it.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I think i prefer circulars but i do use both as i dont have a full set of circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Anything but plastic! though i do have a whole box of plastics which were my grans i generally prefer metal or bamboo needles. I dont have any bamboo circulars though, i would like to try them out.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Ive made a few half-hearted attempts in the past and am now in the middle of some using proper sock yarn. However they are so fiddly i dont think i will knit them very often!

22. How did you learn to knit?
my mum taught me when i was younger then i re-taught myself a year ago.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A couple of months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love cats, animated or not.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
One of the best holidays i had was my study tour as part of my degree during which i travelled around Greece and Crete looking at archaeological sites. It was amazing and i'd absolutely love to do the same thing again in Egypt.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Except wool? no.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
'Simply Knitting' and i sometimes buy 'Knitting'

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
They ones i'd like are in my wish list. Basically i'd love a good book about lace knitting and a good book about aran knitting!Both techniques i am yet to explore and would really love to!

No comments: