Thursday, July 14

Graduation

Well im back and ive officially graduated now! A black gown and hat is certainly not appropriate attire for weather like this! Despite the lack of a picture I actually like, I shall share one with you. No laughing! Sorry its so far away my sister took it and she isnt great witha camera.
My mum and I drove down to Birmingham in the car so I could pick up the last of my stuff and I discovered that driving through spaghetti junction isn't half as scary as it looks! So when she took over the driving I did a bit of sock knitting with my opal sock yarn. I didn't make too much progress, but i like them. I'll get a pic posted soon but the batteries are dead in the camera at the moment.
Daisy asked what sort of wire I used for the stitch markers, it is that green bendy stuff. I guess normal people probably use it to tie back their rose bushes but us knitters are a resourceful bunch.
Anyway i had better get back to the mountain of washing and the large amounts of junk which desperately needs a home.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Well done Emily! Best wishes on your graduation.

Jess said...

Well done! But it was so hot... you are lucky not to have melted.

Lauren said...

Congratulations!

Daisy said...

Congratulations. Am off to raid the shed for green wire...

Becky said...

Well done Emily - I hope you weren't too hot ! What's next for you ?

Nicola said...

Very spooky! I graduated from Birmingham on 12th July and have just stumbled across your blog by accident really. I too am trying to set up my own knitting related blog - although with limited success as yet :) Cool to find you!

Emily said...

Hey nicola i dont know if you will check back and read this but send me an email at emilyhart@gmail.com and i'll give you a hand setting up if your interested!